Biology faculty are available to offer advice on courses to take, study abroad, research opportunities, fellowships, post-graduate career plans, etc. All Biology majors are assigned a faculty advisor when they declare their major. However, students are always free to get advice from any Biology faculty they choose.
Some faculty members take on roles as advisors for special programs or special opportunities. Contact the faculty member listed below for advice on the area listed.
- Professor Rob Savage: Credit for Biology courses taken during study abroad
- Professor Lois Banta: Whitehead Program
- Professor Luana Maroja: Biology graduate school
- Professor Rob Savage: WSP 99’s and BIOL 22
- Professor Martha Marvin: Summer research opportunities
- Professors Lebestky/Swoap: Placement exams, First days
Questions about health professions should be directed to the Pre-Health Advisor, Sharon Gonzales.
- Senior peer advising can also help you in your curricular decisions.
- The Career Center is a valuable resource for information on internships, summer research opportunities, and post-graduate opportunities.
- The Fellowships Office maintains a Glow site (add yourself to it!) with information on national and Williams College fellowships.