Biology faculty are available to offer advice on courses to take, study abroad, research opportunities, fellowships, post-graduate career plans, etc. All Biology majors are assigned a faculty advisor when they declare their major. However, students are always free to get advice from any Biology faculty they choose.
Some faculty members take on roles as advisors for special programs or special opportunities. Contact the faculty member listed below for advice on the area listed.
- Professor Savage: Credit for Biology courses taken during study abroad
- Professor Banta: Whitehead Program
- Professor Lebestky: Biology graduate school
- Not offered Academic Year 2020-2021: WSP 99’s and BIOL 22
- TBD depending on COVID-19: Summer research opportunities
- Professor Lynch: Placement exams, first days
Questions about health professions should be directed to the Pre-Health Advisor, Rebecca Counter, MSEd.
- Senior peer advising can also help you in your curricular decisions.
- The Career Center is a valuable resource for information on internships, summer research opportunities, and post-graduate opportunities.
- The Fellowships Office maintains a Glow site (add yourself to it!) with information on national and Williams College fellowships.